Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Don’t Poke Me!


Last Friday, I had a short day at work and then went over to the ICA. After I was done, I could hop on the Blue line to the bus or I could wait an hour for the commuter rail. I chose to hop on the Blue line and hoped for the best.

I get on at State Street and head towards Wonderland. I am surprised at how packed it is. I end up standing in front of a couple that is sitting. The guy looks up and says to me “You’re so cute, I just want to poke you!” and then…pokes me in the stomach. The woman is horrified!! I laugh it off and then ask where they are from (because no Bostonian is going to poke my abs!) They are from Rochester, NY and were heading to Reno’s because they saw it on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives! Which now reminds me…my dad and I need to go there because he saw it on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives! As we get to their stop the guy asks if he can adopt me because I’m so darn cute and could they take me to lunch and pretend I’m their daughter? Not sure what to say, I laugh it off again until finally the T stops and the doors open to let them off! FEW!

Fast forward to Tuesday of this week: I get into North Station on the commuter rail and decide that I’m not walking in the rain! I take the Orange line to State instead. I get on and obviously because it is raining, it is packed! A little old man is next to me- slash- in front of me (it was an odd angle). I am surprised that no one offered him a seat. He stands and doesn’t make a fuss until the doors open at Haymarket. No one gets off but a few people push their way on. This girl pushed her way in knocking this guy completely over and forcing him to pretty much do a trust fall into my arms. As I hold the poor guy up he screams “HEY!! HEYYYY!” I push him upright and he stands again not looking back and that’s when I turned around, rolled my eyes at another passenger who rolled their eyes at me first and faced the other direction so that poor old men don’t fall into my arms again!

Welcome to my commuter life!

No comments:

Post a Comment