Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Moth Balls and No Heat!

This morning was about 20 degrees out! The train arrived about 8 minutes late but that’s not horrible on a day like today. I was completely expecting it to be much later because of the snow, ice and temperature. So, only 8 minutes behind is not bad. Yay! We are in good shape!
I get on the train and there are no lights on…which also means, the heat is not on either. I remove my sunglasses so that I can actually see on the train and not walk into people (I say this as I was behind a blind woman this morning…I’m going to hell, I know!)
I finally find a seat and get situated only to smell moth balls! WHO… IN THE YEAR OF 2017 uses moth balls?!? I would like to know AND we are well into winter where that fresh out-of-the-closet-moth-ball-scent should fekking be gone by now! Just saying!!
So, while I suffer in no heat and moth ball scent (I hope to GOD, that smell didn’t rub off on me!!), I see out of the corner of my eye a man’s hand going up and down, up and down. I think the worst as I try to calmly sip my tea. It continues so I give a death glare over his way. Come to find out, it was not the worst! (Thank god!!) He was just rubbing his hands together to keep them warm in our no heat situation!
Once we arrive at North Station, we all pile out of the train on to the platform and since I already have a chill and am cranky from moth ball smell, I am less than forgiving to the jerk that bumps into me and then stares at me all bewildered. I give my mean eyes again and I thought that I thought this in my head but nope… I said it out loud “Don’t looook at meee!” he looks down on the ground without saying anything and I continue on my way sipping my tea and trying to regain a better mood.

NOTE: Since I have warmed up and have confirmed moth ball scent has not traveled with me, I am in good shape and happier! SO YAY for that!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment