Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Making Friends with the Staff?


This has nothing to do with the train but I am peeved! I was coming back to the office from a meeting and I was greeted by a security guard I see every day. A woman in front of me stepped through the gates to the elevator banks and now it was my turn.  She ignores the security guard and goes on about her business. As I am going through the gates to the elevator bank he says “How are you today? Have a good lunch?” I respond “Hey! How is your day going? Are you in tomorrow?” Tomorrow is a holiday for some so I’ve been asking. It is usually a good conversation starter before a holiday.

We chat for a second and the elevator comes. “I’ll see you later Stephan!” I say to him as I get on the elevator with this woman.

The doors close and she says “Making friends with the staff are we?”

I looked at her and was floored. Staff? Really! Yes, they work for our building but they protect us and greet us every single day! “I see him every day. They are all so very nice! Why wouldn’t I talk to the security guards? They are great people.” I say in my nicest, bubbly, happy voice.

She looked at her feet for the rest of the elevator ride. HA!

I think it speaks volumes about people when, because someone with a lesser job than they have, speaks poorly to them or flat out ignores them or poopoo’s on people for being nice to them. I was taught that you treat everyone with the same amount of respect regardless of their job title. From CEO to Janitor… SAME RESPECT! SAME INTEGRITY! 
 
THAT IS ALL! I hope everyone enjoys the holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment