Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, March 21, 2016

Spring is Obviosly Here! No?


This morning I woke up to a few inches of snow. Not bad at all after the big hype! I get ready for work and as I’m bundled up in my abominable snowman jacket, I read my emails on the off chance that there could be a delay because I don’t want to stand on the platform… in the snow… with my back pack…my purse AND a box full of 18 Mint Chocolate Brownie parfaits that I made for an office birthday (Uphill BOTH WAYS… yes that needed to be added for good measure!)

The emails keep coming! One train is canceled. The next has mechanical issues with only a 15 minute delay and needs to be pushed in to North Station by another train. The next… switch problems with a 20 to 25 minute delay and the one after that… CANCELED! I know that eventually a train will come get me but really… are these “delay times” accurate? I don’t know and with all the sh*t I am carrying, do I really want to have to stand on a sardine packed train that it will eventually turn into? NO!

I check google maps and it tells me to take the bus to the Blue line and then the Blue line to State. I have never done this before and I really don’t want to go through Lynn during rush hour. I throw my pepper spray in an easily accessible pocket and I head to the bus stop!

The bus is there within 2 minutes. I hop on and guess what? I get a seat!!!!! My sh*t even gets a seat for a while until the bus gets a little more crowded and I move my parfaits and allow someone who just got on to sit. We arrive at Wonderland and the train is sitting there…waiting for us and get this… I get a seat again! This is great! I check my phone as the Blue line whisks me in to the city. The train still has not come for my fellow commuter rail folks. They are still waiting and I’m halfway to work!

I arrive at my office a half hour late but this pales in comparison to where I’d be had I waited for the train that was only 25 minutes delayed. I check my phone again and while I am at work, my fellow commuter rail people are still on the platform an hour and a half after a train should have got them.

Thank goodness this was a mild winter and thank goodness spring is kinda-sorta here!

No comments:

Post a Comment