Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Simple Pleasures

As I flew out the door this morning to catch the train, I realized that today may be a day that many take off. Therefore, the train could potentially arrive at the train station early. Even though the train arrives early, it doesn’t wait. I have once before missed my train due to the fact that it’s early and doesn’t wait so I drove at full speed to the station. I arrived and once again, I was one of the few people heading to work this morning. However, I wasn’t joined by holiday travelers either which brings me to the small things in life that bring happiness to ones day. Things such as pulling into the train station at your normal time to find a parking spot right in the front! This never happens (and to clarify for my fiancĂ©, all the other cars I parked next to were nice cars so no one is going to smack their car door into ours). I parked and went directly to the platform. As I’m coming down the stairs, I am 2 minutes early and read “Next Train to Boston Approaching” on the scrolling screen. I think to myself while smiling “It’s a good thing I sped all the way here and got a kick a*s parking spot!” I look to the tracks to see the train blow right by us! Smile, gone! Now, standing on the platform in the form of a human popsicle, I wait.

Finally another train comes to get us. I hop on the train and it’s like the train has redeemed itself for leaving us in the cold. We get seats to ourselves. This again never happens and I actually get to keep mine all to myself all the way to North Station. I didn’t even have to pretend to be “crackberried” when people got on. There were enough seats for everyone to have their own today. It was great.

We arrived at North Station and the hustle and bustle was at a minimum. I went directly to the T and hopped right on. Again, no one was this train either. However, this time, I didn’t take a seat. I have learned the hard way that on the T, when one is sitting, your face is at crotch level to those whom are standing. So, I stood with ample space instead.

 This morning’s train ride definitely made me realize that it’s the little things that really make a difference and a smooth and spacious commute is one of them!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! I sure did!

1 comment: