Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Acela to NYC

It's been a while since I have posted. I had to go to NYC for a week long conference which was an incredible success!

I took the Amtrak Acela down during the day. Since the only other time I had taken the train to Penn Station was in the dark, I hadn't realized how scenic the train ride was. We went along the coast with picturesque views. I didn't even want to read my book, I just looked out the window. Finally, I came upon something familiar, the Ferry! I sat in my seat and smiled and laughed to myself. My husband and I went to visit a dear old friend in the Hampton's and left that Ferry station to do so in the middle of a terrible storm. We reluctantly drove our then, Volvo on that Ferry and prayed we didn't A. Go overboard and drowned or B. get sea sick. When we finally got to the other side of the sound, the rain had subsided and we were on our way. I got to reminisce in my head of what a wonderful weekend that was. Visiting Vineyards and sipping wine. Heading to Montauk for an afternoon of fun in the sun and bonfire beach parties at night!  

Before I knew it, I was at Penn Station. I got off the train and went up a few slights of stairs to the cab stand. This was WAY better than flying in! It's relaxing, there's no security check, you can bring full size bottles of shampoo and conditioner with you... the list goes on! But most important, you're dropped right in the heart of the city and getting a cab is a piece of cake. I highly recommend the Acela if you head down to NYC. I know I will be taking it much more on my future trips.


No comments:

Post a Comment