Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, January 28, 2013

Just another manic Monday

This morning, after a week or so of negative degree weather, it was finally 19 degrees out! It felt like a heat wave when I was taking the dog for our normal walk this morning. We took a little extra time today on our walk since it was our first walk in almost a week because of the freezing weather.

We got back to the house and did our normal routine; I was on time until I tried so squeeze my stilettos into my work bag. While squishing them into the bag, I had given myself a paper cut on the Town and Country magazine that was hiding in there. It stung but I didn’t think anything of it until I realize it’s gushing. I run upstairs to grab some Band-Aids and I’m out the door. I hop in my “beast” and realize I’m now running late!

I get to the train station and because I’m late, I have to park on the in bound side. This side is not my favorite to park on. I secretly think it was made for compact car parking only. I find a space and try to pull in. I am now a pro at parking my large-a*s automobile so it frustrates me when I can’t get it into this spot.  It is just not happening! I will not get it in to the spot with out side swiping a vehicle.

I back up and realize I can park along the back. I back right into the spot and open the door to make sure I’m in the lines. When I open the door, I realize that I have backed up right up against a snow bank and therefore my “beast” is about 4 feet into the street. I spot a cluster of spots open in the further end of the parking lot and I pull in and am in the lines and am all set. As I take the key out of the ignition, the train is approaching. I grab my stuff, make sure the e-brake is on and run for the train.

While I am running, I look at my parking space number and start folding my dollar bills into 8ths to get them in the slot, meanwhile my stupid paper cut is still gushing through its Band-Aid.

The train stops and I’m still running. I go to the parking box and find my spot number, I throw the money in and by sheer luck, the train is still there. I board the train, swap out my Band-Aid and find my pass. Hopefully the rest of the day goes smoothly.


No comments:

Post a Comment