Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, September 7, 2012

Drama Queen

This morning, this girl just rubbed me the wrong way. I get on the train and there is no where to sit. I spot a younger girl who is using the second seat in her row to house her bags. I look down and say “Do you mind if I sit down?” She just looks up at me and looks at her bags. I look at her bags too. There is the floor or the over head rack in which you can store those. I refuse to stand so your bags have a seat. I repeat myself “Do you mind if I sit down?”

She looks up at me again. Hastily moves her bags onto her lap and mumbles “These bags are nice bags. Hmph.” I ignore her and sit down. This is not the first time I have encountered one of you girls and believe me, if I wasn’t a train commuter, I’d probably be just like these girls but I have gotten over myself and my nice bags!

 She slouches down in her seat with her knees against the back of the seat in front of us and her arms are folded across her chest. Every time we turn a slight corner or hit a slight bump or slow down, her bags lose their balance on her lap and each time she hastily rearranges them. Yes, you have two lovely LongChamp bags but I can guarantee you that my Tumi bag probably cost more than those two bags combined and it is on my knee… it doesn’t need it’s own seat. Had she been sitting properly, the bags would have sat just fine on her lap.

After she is done being a drama queen, I whip out my phone and start replying to emails and checking facebook. She has the balls to look over my shoulder and read my phone. Um, let’s add a new train etiquette rule and I thought this goes without saying: “Don’t read other people’s phone’s! That is private and not your business! End of Story!”

Clearly, this girl is not a regular commuter! If she just started commuting, she will either get used to it and adjust or not make it the first month. We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. Definite pet peeve of mine, the folks who think their baggage deserves a seat more than a person does. If they think so, I'm happy to have their bags on a seat, so long as they sit on the floor.

    ReplyDelete