Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, December 13, 2012

'Tis the Season to be Giving

Last night I am standing at State waiting to get on the T. It arrives as I am talking to a friend. The train is packed and I am not sure I am going to get on. The time is 5:21pm and I need to catch my train at 5:30pm at North Station. I say to my friend "If I don't get on this, I will miss my train or I'll have to walk." I was fully prepared to walk. There was one tiny little spot for one more person on that train. My friend had gotten on and I was still on the platform. Since I am not a cutter, I let someone that was there before me have the space. He then gave it back to me and said he had time to catch the next T and get to North Station to get his train. I believed him and thanked him. I hopped on the T and was on my way. I made the train with a few minutes to spare. As I am sitting in my seat, I see the guy who gave up his T space so that I could make the train. He was huffing and puffing and as he walked by me, the train shut it's doors and we took off. I couldn't believe it. This guy gave up his spot and he was trying to catch the same train as me! Thank goodness he made the train too.

After seeing what he did for me, I was even more grateful than I already was. 'Tis the season to be giving, even if it's a tiny little spot on the T, it made my evening! They say the best things in life are free... well, there is truth to that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment