Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, December 23, 2013

A Dollar Short....

This morning, I parked my car, paid my meter with my sparkly shiny dollar coins and went to the other side of the train tracks to wait inside the train station out of the rain. As the train approaches, I open the door and head out to the train. There is a girl in front of me and a couple behind me. I hear a coin drop but think nothing of it since I don’t have any coinage on me…or at least I don’t think I do.

The man of the couple behind me picks up the coin and hands it to me. I say “Oh, I don’t think this is mine. Is it yours?” I ask to the girl in front of me. She tells me it’s not hers. I look back at the couple “It’s not yours?” They both agree that it’s not theirs either.

“Oh man! That means I am one short in the meter.” I say wishing I had parked on the inbound side instead of the outbound side so I could quickly feed the meter.

The woman of the couple assures me that she has shorted the meter a few times by accident, grabbing a quarter instead of a dollar coin and they haven’t given her a ticket.

EEK!! I guess we shall find out at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment