Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Walk of Shame and Fashion No-No's

So, apparently this week I have a theme…Fashion No-No’s!

While walking from North Station to the T, I see this girl ahead of me wearing 6 inch red wedge espadrilles. I immediately love them and think they are oh-so cute. However, when you look like you are walking like a baby deer that was just born, it is no longer super cute or sexy to be wearing those red espadrilles. If you can’t walk in them like you own that runway (or sidewalk, or street…whatever you may be walking on), you just look like an idiot.

After seeing her baby fawn walking moves down the sidewalk, I look up to see what the rest of her outfit is and oh-em-gee! This girl is a fashion train wreck! She is wearing a white mini skirt with a slit in the back that goes so high that you can practically see her hoo-ha. Then, she is wearing a see through long sleeve collared shirt with nothing but a bra under it. Ok, rules of fashion, you get to show off only one part of your body at a time. You’re legs or your mid-section but not both. AND PS: Don’t wear those see through shirts that everyone seems to be wearing lately without a chic tank top under them!

As I get closer to her to pass her (because I am walking like I “own the sidewalk” and not like a baby fawn), I notice that she has two slightly off-yellow stains on the back of her skirt. OK, now I feel bad for her. I am no longer thinking in my head that this is not an appropriate Thursday morning work outfit; this is clearly a girl who is doing the walk of shame.

For those of you not familiar with the term “Walk of Shame”, here it is from the Urban Dictionary:


n. the course walked home after a night of boozing and fucking. one usually wears either the clothes they went out in (eg. short skirt and heels) or the clothing of the person they slept with (eg.a large white t-shirt)the morning after and everyone notices they have the "I was fucked up last night" look and am now walking home from the guy-I- fucked's house.


No comments:

Post a Comment