Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, January 10, 2014

A Heartwarming Night

Tonight as I get on the T, there is a girl with crutches and an assistance dog. She starts talking about how she might not make her train. It was 5:16 when we got on the T. Someone suggested that she call a friend to let the conductor know. She then said that it was her first week on the commuter rail and she doesn't have train friends yet. I was in a fog after a super busy day preparing for a conference in NY next week so I just stared off into space.

A guy next to me says "If you are catching the Lowell train, I will say something."

She said thank you and was very appreciative. She literally had just enough time to make it to the platform but maybe not enough time to make it to the train. I followed the guy who was going to say something to the conductor to the train. He really did what he said he was going to do. He pulled over to the side and explained to the conductor that a girl on crutches with a dog was going to catch the train by the skin of her teeth and if they could wait just a minute or two she would really appreciate it.

Well, our train took off at 5:32 tonight. 2 minutes late and I hope it was because they waited.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment