Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Comfortably Numb!

I have to say that in the last year or so of being a train commuter, the things I wrote about seemed to strike me as odd and out of the ordinary. However, lately I have become numb to the things people do. They are no longer shocking to me.

The Bull Fighting Jack A*s is no longer a threat to me. I am fully prepared to elbow him in his ugly face the next time he tries to run me over. Fat Bastard still cracks me up. I don't think I could become numb to her. The other day she sprinted from the T to the popcorn stand looking like a weeble (Remember kids- Weebles wobble but they don't fall over). I laughed all the way up the escalator watching her and people probably thought I was mental and wondered what the heck I was laughing at but come on... how is that not funny? After she secured her popcorn, she leisurely walked to the train. I did learn my lesson from her though, don't wear anything that you don't want ruined by flailing popcorn grease and salt!

Bad breath and body odor is not acceptable. However, it now equates to me lathering up my hands with pretty smelling lotion and holding my hands to my face for the remainder of the train ride (Yes, I look like the girl from Super Star but whatever, I don't smell grossness. I smell Peach Bellini lotion thank you very much). I have thought about spritzing the air with perfume or room spray like I tried to inconspicuously do when I had previously walked by the Occupy protesters but on a train, you aren't inconspicuous when it comes to spraying things. 

So, perhaps I haven't grown numb to these things. Maybe, I have just adapted to other peoples, eh-hem,  short comings and have adjusted my ways so that I don't have to suffer through my commute.







No comments:

Post a Comment