Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, January 30, 2012

'Often I'd take out my magnifying glass and stare into the chaos that was her face.' - David Sedaris

This morning I had the lovely pleasure of sitting behind a woman who was inspecting her hands and nails with a magnifying glass. What could she have possibly been looking for? I just don't understand. Was she inspecting her weekend manicure? Was she a hand model? Judging by her face, a hand model was her only shot at modeling (I know I'm harsh but seriously, not everyone is cut out to model. OK?)! I thought this was rather strange.

Once I opened up my book and started reading because I just couldn't look through that magnifying glass anymore, she whips out a compact and starts inspecting her face. Holding the magnifying glass to her chin area and looking at it through her compact mirror. Since I have come to the conclusion that she couldn't possibly be a model-model, I had to write it off as a quirky OCD! We all have them and hers was magnifying her imperfections or at least trying to find her imperfections. I feel that if you can't see imperfections with the naked eye, they aren't there!


No comments:

Post a Comment