Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, March 2, 2012

Incognito Next Week!

Geeeeee-Sus people! I will say this one more time… If you live in New England you can’t be afraid of the snow! If you are afraid to drive in the snow, carpool with someone that isn’t. I’d like to also point out that during rush hour if you are out for a jaunt in the car, you have picked the wrong time and need to do your jaunts between the hours of 10am and 3pm or 7pm and 4am.

This morning on the way to the train a guy in a Murano cut me off and was either afraid of the snow or was out for a morning jaunt. Either way, he made me late for the train. I kept thinking that there was no way I was going to make it. However, I got to the train station and the train was pulling up. I parked in the first parking spot I saw and ran from the back side of the parking lot. I was going to make an honest effort to make that train since it was in site.

I grabbed my things; made sure the e-break was on, and took off toward the train. My coffee was absolutely shaken, not stirred! I ran up the stairs to the over pass and made eye contact with the conductor on the platform. I was starting to feel like I was hyperventilating. Running to the train in chic snow boots and the abominable snow man jacket is not the greatest running outfit. I slowed down on the stairs because they were icy and was completely shocked that they held the train up a whole 30 seconds just for me! I thought for sure they would take off with out me.

I get to the bottom of the steps and told the conductor “Thank you!” as I jumped into the train. She replies “Next time run faster!” I hear her voice and realize that, oh crap, she is a new conductor. I just pissed off the new conductor. The old conductor liked me and knew I was always punctual so holding the train every once in a while was fine. This lady could have taken off with out me and now I wish she did. AND run faster? What? Really? I was a gymnast for 17 years! I did my “vaulting run way” sprint all the way from the back end of the parking lot while holding my back pack, purse, coffee and a cake! I only slowed down on the stairs so I didn’t kill myself on the ice.

Well, I hope this new conductor forgives me. She gave me the evil eye when she checked my ticket! I am either going to have to dress incognito next week or go in a different train car. EEK!!  

Click below for Incognito Kit!


No comments:

Post a Comment